Prospective Position Specification (Feb 2023)
Vice President of Sales Company:
One Stop Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSS) Location:
Escondido/San Diego, CA
One Stop Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSS) is a San Diego-based publicly traded technology company and global leader in AI Transportable solutions for the demanding ‘edge.’ AI Transportables include anything that moves (land vehicle, aircraft, ship, etc.) and deploys AI and/or Autonomous capabilities. OSS designs and manufactures the highest performance compute and storage products that enable these rugged AI and autonomous mobile capabilities without compromise. These hardware and software platforms bring the latest data center performance and technology to the harsh and challenging applications, whether they are on land, sea or in the air.
OSS products include ruggedized servers, compute accelerators, flash storage arrays, and storage acceleration software. These specialized compact products are used across multiple industries and applications, including autonomous trucking and farming, as well as aircraft, drones, ships, and vehicles within the defense industry. The defense industry is the priority based on the size of the opportunity and our value proposition.
The company has annual sales in excess of $70 million, is profitable, cash flow positive, enjoys a solid cash position without domestic debt and has grown about 20% per year with expectations of 30-40% annual growth a few years out with its current pipeline and strategy. The AI Transportable market has significant tail wins being driven by the high priority within the DOD to add AI and/or Autonomous capabilities throughout the military theater as well as strong economic pulls within the commercial segment. The market opportunity for OSS types of products is expected to be over $2 billion in size a number of years out. OSS markets its products directly, through sales reps, resellers, and other distribution channels throughout the world.
The VP of Sales reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
As a member of the senior management team at OSS, the VP of Sales has the overall responsibility to increase revenue driving shareholder value. The VP of Sales will oversee all worldwide OSS product sales activity and personnel.
As such, this individual will perform the following
- Lead and execute sales strategy resulting in long-term growth and high return on investment.
- Develop current and future customer engagements leveraging OSS’ strengths and skills.
- Drive a leadership position in target AI Transportable vertical markets with high visibility program wins.
- Build upon the sales, FAE and support organization with top talent and capabilities. Hunters.
- Execute to and maintains a rolling four-quarter judged forecast by customer and program.
- Maintain program pipeline database with projections out 4 additional years.
- Key member of Tiger Team for strategic direction.
- Leads by example, hands on, promoting a healthy, fair, and non-discriminatory corporate culture.
Requirements (Must Have)
- The VP of Sales is to be a technically astute executive with previous successful experience as a VP of Sales or similar, who built businesses in the defense and technology (hardware) space.
- Forward-thinking, goal-oriented: the VP of Sales should be proactive rather than reactive driving sales in support of the company vision and strategy.
- Highly credible, ethical, and hardworking. Team Player. Sets the example for the sales team.
- Thorough working knowledge of compute and storage hardware (or closely related) and understanding of the technology.
- Experience navigating decision makers, bureaucracy and processes, plus solid connections and relationships in Washington, the DOD and the major primes.
- Experience in negotiating multi-year contracts for both commercial and government applications.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with proven hands-on leadership in sales to the Defense market. Must have knowledge of direct and indirect sales channels for Military, Defense Contractors, and DoD procurement.
- General knowledge of the industry leaders and companies.
- Experience in a minimum $50M - $300M revenue sales leadership role, leading sales organizations through times of dramatic growth, transformation, acquisitions/divestitures, business model development and Go-to-Market strategies.
- Experience in managing department financials, KPIs and personnel metrics.
- Experience leading customer service, field application engineering and support organization as well as developing and implementing support plans.
- Experience working with a leadership team to develop and execute strategies and key initiatives.
- Experience working and communicating daily with a technical product marketing team on product ideas, deal size, pricing, margin, competition, and strategic business development.
- Knowledge of broad set of applications, suppliers, and key growth trends in the Defense and Transportation markets.
- Experience developing a leadership position in a target market.
- Ability to build strong working relationships the senior management team, Board of Directors, customers at the senior level, potential strategic partners, employees, and key players within the industry.
- Ability to fit within, but also enhance, the OSS culture as we scale and grow while demonstrating proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills. Proficient at Salesforce.com, Power Point, Word, and Excel.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation and benefits aligned with market rates and commensurate with experience and past success including base salary, variable pay based on performance as well as a solid equity position.
- Salary base $225,000 to $250,000
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401K Matching
- 11 Paid Holidays
- The VP of Sales is expected to maintain an office in the OSS Escondido, California headquarters, and is expected to live in San Diego County.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Served our country in the armed forces
- Technical and MBA degree
- Public Company Experience
- Successful experience as a prime for DOD
- Successful experience with a multi-national organization and reporting structure
- Successful transition from a mostly hardware company to more of a system platform provider at higher margins and greater barriers of entry
- 30-50% travel to customer visits; subordinate, rep and channel training; and trade shows
To apply, please contact HR here.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.