Designs electrical systems with focus on high speed circuit boards cabling, grounding, and electrical assemblies.
- Designs electrical systems, products, components, and applications applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties. Create and perform device verification tests.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible to design and implement improvements to current or derivative products that will increase value, reduce cost, improve efficiency and/or address quality issues.
- Help to redesign established products for greater value and lower cost.
- Executing design changes, navigating Design Control from Design Requirements thru Design Verification/Validation and Manufacturing Implementation.
- Evaluating proposed product design changes and complete deliverables required to complete the change.
- Initiates product design changes as required.
- Supporting the transfer of new designs from R&D to production.
- Supporting root cause analysis and implements corrective actions as needed
- Creating and validating new test methods.
- Writing technical reports and test plans for new product development design verification and validation deliverables.
- Generating work instructions, providing direction/training to operators/technicians performing procedures.
- Complete designs, maintain document control processes, change notice (ECN) releases and creating BOMs & part number set up.
- Develop product verification/validation test plans and interface with test labs to get testing completed.
- Conceptualize, design, develop, and document small to medium scale new product designs, processes and test methods.
- Work with a larger team on the design and development of medium to large level new product designs, processes and test methods.
- Electronic Systems, Electronics Troubleshooting, Electronic Testing Design, Project Management, Quality Focus, Database Design, Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results, Attention to Detail, Emphasizing Excellence and Innovation.
- Contributing to design documentation including input for technical design reviews.
- Communicating as a team lead member with other function groups, internal customers and outside vendors on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment to ensure conducive working relationships.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow in order to meet established time frames and schedules.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project schedule development.
- Experience with Solidworks.
- Bill of Material creation and manufacturing process knowledge.
- Experience with Electrical programs like Orcad or Allegro.
- Experience with Solid Works is extra.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science and 5 -10 years of relevant work experience; (Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering preferred).
- Experience in electronics and/or electromechanical assembly of electronic devices, as well as small and/or large-scale production of electronic devices.
- Electronic hardware engineering experience in a product development or sustaining engineering environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
To apply, please contact HR here.