As the Commercial Regional Account Manager, you will have direct responsibility to identify, target and close sales in the Commercial and Industrial sectors of the AI Transportables1 marketplace. The position will report to the Director of Commercial Sales with high visibility and frequent interaction with the executive management, product marketing, and throughout the organization. The person in this role is responsible for managing the sales process from beginning to end to achieve the company’s growth objectives. This individual will be a hunter and must have extensive experience and success in interacting with C-level industry executives on both strategic and program-specific topics. The candidate will play a pivotal role in developing and executing targeted sales strategies. They should also have extensive and recent business knowledge in high-performance edge computing markets plus extensive and proven success in closing and managing large OEM accounts and facilitating internal program execution with the Product Marketing team. A successful candidate will have experience writing technical proposals, presenting technical information, and speak professionally and persuasively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in the direction of the AI Transportable business inside of OSS through day-to-day execution of the business' sales strategy.
- Achieve territory sales goals and quotas on a yearly basis. Responsible for cradle to grave management of global target opportunities to achieve the sales, margin and growth objectives. Generates and develops new targeted business to meet specified sales goals.
- Be actively involved in the design and articulation of proposed technical solutions by writing client proposals and communicating business opportunities and challenges with cross-functional project teams.
- In synergy with CSMO and Director of Commercial Sales, identify opportunities to grow and shape the organization to best address the target markets. Help identify future needs to accomplish the company goals. Participate with executive-level management regarding target customer business pursuits, strategies and decision making.
- Participate as the primary client interface and account manager focused on developing relationships with the client and acting as a source of trusted technology information. Provide information feedback in this role to the OSS executive-level management for future product and technology development.
- Work closely with Sales, Product Marketing, Operations, and Engineering teams to win strategic programs and facilitate consistent program execution. Develop and encourage target customer and industry information sharing within and across multiple business units and departments.
- Communicate required company metrics, sales and product forecast and provide metrics analysis to drive continuous improvement and more informed decision making.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent sales or business development experience serving commercial and industrial clients with technically complex products.
- Client hunting and time management acumen to drive sales growth.
- Significant customer centric focus and a history of strong client relationships.
- Experience selling to customer and potential customer engineers, senior executives, and program managers.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and operate successfully in high pace environment.
- Understanding of the financial and business side of the sales process.
- The necessary skills, experience, and knowledge to identify, create strategies to engage, propose and close large customer opportunities.
- Ability to engage and drive programs effectively with company HQ staff members while either on-site or remote.
- US citizenship required.
- BS (or higher) in technical discipline or Business-related degree; MBA preferred
Transformational sales leader, ability to identify opportunities or obstacles and work proactively to cease or resolve them. Strong experience with and understanding of problem-solving techniques.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work well in fast paced, high dynamic environment with highly energized and knowledgeable teams.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Ability to work well a cross-functional environment, can drive distributed and sometimes remote teams without direct reporting relationship.
- Strong collaboration skills. Ability to form collaborative relationships with lead engineers, engineering managers, program managers and senior managers at all customer sites. A team builder.
- Equally comfortable and skilled at selling to executives, engineers and purchasing agents.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time, including compliance with recent and potential future COVID restrictions.
1AI Transportables are defined as non-embedded, datacenter-class compute accelerators, processors and SSD storage components used in mobile edge environments for government and industrial applications.
To apply, please contact HR here.